Skip to main content

Funny Friday!!

Kids say the earnest things!!!!

The other day my daughter wanted a shack and asked for a "cumber". (English translation... cucumber).
So knowing she could actually say the right word I decided to play dumb and asked...

"Sydney what is a cumber??"

Sydney only took a few seconds before she reached up to me... crabbed my face and state...

"Mommy listen to me!"
"Look at my mouth...  I say CU-CUM-BER!!!!"

Well lets just say I fell off the couch laughing.
It is these little nuggets of joy that makes everything worth it. Kids really have the ability to lighten the room and your heart with a simple smile or quirky expression. I love hearing her laugh and I love seeing her enjoy life. They really are gifts from God and we must treasure them.





Comments

  1. Too funny!

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm returning the follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son grabs my face like that to get my to listen to him too. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Kids do say the funniest things :))

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!
    Have a great weekend :)
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, kids are tops! I'm following you now from the Friday No Rules Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I'm now following- so glad I found you!
    Angela
    http://www.amamascorneroftheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my third daughter was three and my second daughter was 5 and my oldest was seven I interviewed them separately and wrote down their answers. It was so interesting to see what they had to say--each of them had such a different perspective. I need to do that again since I've added a fourth and I would love to see how their responses have changed...I feel a new blog post in the making! Thanks for stopping by our blog! It's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time follower through the Hop.

    That's a funny and very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious (and witty) baby girl you have! ;)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I absolutely love what comes out of the mouth of babes! Am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw bless...mine used to say something similar......love stuff like that!!
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's adorable! :)
    I'm excited to have children just to hear what comes outta their mouths. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids, they do and say the cutest things.

    Following back. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Version of Fall.

I have been seeing on other blogs beautiful pictures of the ever changing and eye stimulating Fall season. Honestly living in Trinidad limits your experiences of the changing seasons and seeing how spring turns to summer to fall and then winter. All I have is endless summer greenery. All I have is the constant warm weather and lush green rain forests. So I have been living vicariously through other blog admiring the Fall pictures and sometimes questioning if it is really true. Then I had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and got to spend the day just lying on a beach and soaking in the sun. So I decided to give you all my version of Fall. And see what we get during the Fall Season. Enjoy.  I visited a beach house in Blanchisseuse Beach and it was attached to 3 different bays. It was fun just splashing in the waves, and fun exploring each bay in the warming sun. This was a bird's eye view of the bay that had clear green water and little watery caves to hide under. My son...

Family Traditions!!!!

If it is one thing I look forward to around this time is the Carreira's Christmas Tree Family Tradition! Founded by ME :) my sisters and my mom started visiting (or going house to house) homes to help decorate the Christmas Tree as well as decorate the home. When my son was not even a year old was when this tradition began... in my home in Port of Spain. Now 8 years later it has become a Family get together, food and drinks sharing .... and putting up the decorations. I LOVE it. Coming from a home with many siblings (3 brother and 3 sister ... most married with children) it is great when most gather and the house is filled with everyone. Lets just say it is a lot of laughs, bickering, laughs ... silent moments when our mouths are filled with food ... and then delegation on the work area. Did I mention I LOVE it. So here are some pics of the end result. My home is now filled with Christmas ... and I have to start wrapping present. :) This picture shows my mom, a...

Anticipating Grenada!

As most mothers and parents secretly wish, Getting away without the kids is usually hard to accomplish. But this weekend my husband and I eagerly await, A vacation in Grenada for 2, we were able to create!!!! I cannot wait for the clear blue sea, I cannot wait for it to be just him and me. I cannot wait for the sunny sky, To just lie on the beach and watch the day go by. I wish for all to be able to see, How important it is for the adults to be free. To take some time and enjoy just being together, Making sure they remember why they chose to be ... forever. My countdown for Grenada is on.... 3 days to go!!!