Skip to main content

Another Step Taken

Its amazing how every time you finish one thing there is another thing to start just around the corner.

As a mother you finish the dishes in the sink... you have to fold clothes in the drier. You finish homework with your son... and you have to start with your daughter. You start cleaning the house .... and you get the picture! Right!

As a teacher when one class leaves computers another one enters. You finish one educational program ... you have to start another. You just finish putting a plaster on a bruised knee and another one is making their way to you. You say something once in class ... you have to say it again ... and again ... and again.  :)

As a writer when you finish your novel you realize there are more steps to follow.  These stepping stones fail to reveal how challenging or nerve raking you can become with every step. Emotions are good ... they are what keeps you grounded, but they also makes you aware how important this next step is for you.

There is a big part of me that is hold my breath in anticipation to see the final print layout of my book and another part is nervous of what is to come.

No matter what ... I have to face each new step with the hope that I am ready to take on whatever responsibility it may bring.

Wish me luck ... and here are some motivational stepping stones to fill you with hope.

They helped me!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Version of Fall.

I have been seeing on other blogs beautiful pictures of the ever changing and eye stimulating Fall season. Honestly living in Trinidad limits your experiences of the changing seasons and seeing how spring turns to summer to fall and then winter. All I have is endless summer greenery. All I have is the constant warm weather and lush green rain forests. So I have been living vicariously through other blog admiring the Fall pictures and sometimes questioning if it is really true. Then I had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and got to spend the day just lying on a beach and soaking in the sun. So I decided to give you all my version of Fall. And see what we get during the Fall Season. Enjoy.  I visited a beach house in Blanchisseuse Beach and it was attached to 3 different bays. It was fun just splashing in the waves, and fun exploring each bay in the warming sun. This was a bird's eye view of the bay that had clear green water and little watery caves to hide under. My son...

Family Traditions!!!!

If it is one thing I look forward to around this time is the Carreira's Christmas Tree Family Tradition! Founded by ME :) my sisters and my mom started visiting (or going house to house) homes to help decorate the Christmas Tree as well as decorate the home. When my son was not even a year old was when this tradition began... in my home in Port of Spain. Now 8 years later it has become a Family get together, food and drinks sharing .... and putting up the decorations. I LOVE it. Coming from a home with many siblings (3 brother and 3 sister ... most married with children) it is great when most gather and the house is filled with everyone. Lets just say it is a lot of laughs, bickering, laughs ... silent moments when our mouths are filled with food ... and then delegation on the work area. Did I mention I LOVE it. So here are some pics of the end result. My home is now filled with Christmas ... and I have to start wrapping present. :) This picture shows my mom, a...

Anticipating Grenada!

As most mothers and parents secretly wish, Getting away without the kids is usually hard to accomplish. But this weekend my husband and I eagerly await, A vacation in Grenada for 2, we were able to create!!!! I cannot wait for the clear blue sea, I cannot wait for it to be just him and me. I cannot wait for the sunny sky, To just lie on the beach and watch the day go by. I wish for all to be able to see, How important it is for the adults to be free. To take some time and enjoy just being together, Making sure they remember why they chose to be ... forever. My countdown for Grenada is on.... 3 days to go!!!