15 Things you do not know about me.
1. I am one of 7 children. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters and my mother is one of 13 children, so I have over 100 extended family members. It great to grow up with so many cousins, but it all kept you on the straight path because everything you did was reported back to my mother.
2. My great-great-greatgran was a Carib Queen. This heritage is passed on to the women in the bloodline and my mother’s cousin just recently became the new queen. I tell people that they are dining with royalty as I am a Carib Princess.
3. I paint with acrylics and I have a few of my painting hanging in my home. They are gift I did for my husband and he appreciates every one.
4. I am a very confident driver. In my country you have to be because taxi and maxi drivers act as if you own the road. So I think if you really want it, well you are going to have to work for it because I have every right to it as you do!
5. I am a product of a half Chinese mother and a Scottish/Spanish father so my siblings all look different. Luckily I resemble my father the most so at least I tell people I am definitely confirm I am my father’s child… I do not know about the rest of them! Honestly we are called a Callaloo family.
6. I am slightly OCD and like to see my home clean and tidy. This is a problem when you live with 2 kids and a husband. The funny thing is after they turn the house upside-down they expect me to know where to find what they are looking for.
7. I watched the full seasons of Dawson’s Creek last month. For some reason I was craving seeing those crazy teenage kids fight over each other. Honestly I was a fan and apparently still is.
8. I read Twilight series at least once a year. I also reread constantly the Bronte collection.
9. I am a closet Vampire and zombie freak. I cannot watch it with the kids around and my husband does not care for them. What can I say… I like a little scare every now and then.
10. If I am flipping through the channels and come across Pirate of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings series on TNT I have to watch it. Even when the Ads drive me crazy I just love to watch them.
11. My favorite food is burgers and fries. So while trying to diet… I must have it at least every other week. (I lie at least once a week.)
12. I am left handed but this was forced because the nanny who was taking care of me and my sister were both forced to write with our left hand.
13. My favorite singers are Bruno Mars, Adele and One Republic.
14. I believe in spirits and the power of prayer.
15. I love to play carnival and I get to indulge in it by the grace of my family who keeps the kids and lets me feel free again. There is nothing that can describe wearing a little 2 piece costume and dancing all day in the street. It is liberating… it is fun and it is our culture.