Sometimes I wonder if anyone sees me and actually see me. The funniest thing is most mornings I find myself picking up a torn piece of a teabag wrapping that my husband leaves nightly... and today when doing it ... I cracked up.
I do not think we have trash fairies sneaking around at night picking up the rubbish he and my kids throw around... I do not think we have magical mops and brooms floating around keeping the place clean... Yet constantly I find myself picking up after the other people in my life and I wonder if they really see me.
"What do you think my purpose in your life?"
"Am I suppose to repeatedly pick up abandoned cups and dirty wears, snack wrappings and food ends?"
"Is my job just to take after all of you?"
The problem is ... I can see myself vanishing the more I see myself hustling around doing house chores, taking care of the kids, cooking meals and being the 'dutiful' wife :)
So what do I do?!!!
What I need is for me to reach some balance for myself, and some acceptance that my family presently relies on me for everything. It makes no sense nagging and not getting anything done, so I have to do a ME BUCKET LIST.
- Post signs for those who can read and understand. Eg ... Wash your wears, Put dirty clothes in laundry basket.
- Have a eat out night on the week where I do not have to cook food daily.
- Get fit with a workout and diet plan.
- Date night with the hubby. (at least then I would not mind picking up the teabag off the floor.
- Family get away to look forward to.
Then maybe I can find me again.