Skip to main content

Playing Catch-up with the Summer Blog Challenge #16 to 21

Sorry for the bundle up but I have been pretty busy with closing up the school year. But it is better late than never ... and I do throughly enjoy sharing this information with you all. I hope you enjoy the read.


I am not a couch potato or a fitness guru… I would like to consider myself actively aware of my health and taking necessary steps to keep in shape. Recently I purchased a treadmill to exercise at home and am 90% conscious of what I put in my mouth.


Ultimately I just want to have a healthy body and a tone physique… but this is easier said than done.

********

I remember when I was a teenage my High School teacher told me “to stay as sweet as you are”. I do not know about the sweet part but I do know I am a very helpful person. I am always willing to help other and do not expect anything in return.

Another quality I have … or more like a gift… is common sense. You would be amazed at how many people do now know how to use their common sense to get them out of a stick situation or problem. I consider myself a quick thinker when it comes to finding an immediate solution to a problem.
The pipe is leaking… wrap it with duct tape and then call the plumber.
If my son’s school pants get a hole… staple it together for now and then sew it when he gets home.
When our vice principle fell and broke her arm … I was the only one who instructed the nurse to use a ruler to brace the injury.

As for the last quality I would like to think I am patient.

*********


I am not a baker … I am a lover. So I love to eat sweet treats but you will rarely find me doing the baking part.
So…
I love Tiramisu
I love anything Chocolate Ganache
I love 4 layered Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing.
Basically I just love sugar.


********

My son got back his end of term report and I am happy with his results. There is always room for improvement… but considering what he has been through with the seizures and the medication … and considering the amount of time we put in trying to prepare him… I am proud of what he got.



********

June 20--Photo of you as a young child. – will work on this … sorry do not have a digital one.

********

The most recent words of wisdom I got was … “ghul do not let dat lady’s attitude eat you up inside”… meaning do not let people get to you.
If you take on everything and what everyone say you will be a very frustrated person.
I had said before in my 15 rules of life … “Know when to hold dem.. and know when to fold dem…” my Kenny Rogers.


Comments

  1. Ahhh, now all I can think about is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! I just had some at a birthday party yesterday, but that's all I can think of after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a content-packed post. But hey, you got caught up! And now I am following you from the Mom's mingle hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute idea. A great way to get to know another side of our blogger friends. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi recently - I love company! Following you now! -diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts about your Name - Check it out!!

Hi all I got this on Facebook and I really wanted to share it with you ... I really enjoyed it and hope you will too. Please share what you got I think it is uplifting. I got Jillian - Is really sweet (True), Loves to laugh and smile (True), Smile to die for (True), Hot (Oh my God  this is soooo real) and Caring (Yup).... they forget very very modest :)

My Version of Fall.

I have been seeing on other blogs beautiful pictures of the ever changing and eye stimulating Fall season. Honestly living in Trinidad limits your experiences of the changing seasons and seeing how spring turns to summer to fall and then winter. All I have is endless summer greenery. All I have is the constant warm weather and lush green rain forests. So I have been living vicariously through other blog admiring the Fall pictures and sometimes questioning if it is really true. Then I had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and got to spend the day just lying on a beach and soaking in the sun. So I decided to give you all my version of Fall. And see what we get during the Fall Season. Enjoy.  I visited a beach house in Blanchisseuse Beach and it was attached to 3 different bays. It was fun just splashing in the waves, and fun exploring each bay in the warming sun. This was a bird's eye view of the bay that had clear green water and little watery caves to hide under. My son

Anticipating Grenada!

As most mothers and parents secretly wish, Getting away without the kids is usually hard to accomplish. But this weekend my husband and I eagerly await, A vacation in Grenada for 2, we were able to create!!!! I cannot wait for the clear blue sea, I cannot wait for it to be just him and me. I cannot wait for the sunny sky, To just lie on the beach and watch the day go by. I wish for all to be able to see, How important it is for the adults to be free. To take some time and enjoy just being together, Making sure they remember why they chose to be ... forever. My countdown for Grenada is on.... 3 days to go!!!